About the role
Trulia is looking to bring on a Social Media Specialist to our Content Marketing team. The Social Media Specialist will play a vital role in growing Trulia’s audience across social channels, helping people across America find the right home and the right neighborhood. The Social Media Specialist will be the primary point-person on all social channels, drafting and posting messages and serving as the world’s most engaged listener, keeping a pulse on developing conversations and story opportunities, and sharing them back with the larger team. The right person will be equal parts creative and data-driven and deeply energized by collaborating and building relationships both online and offline in authentic ways. This position will report to Trulia’s Senior Social Media Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Manage day-to-day social calendar including drafting copy, sourcing images, scheduling posts and monitoring performance for Trulia’s owned channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
- Engage Trulia community across owned platforms by fostering conversations as they happen and generating new ones where -- and how -- it makes sense for the brand.
- Manage and improve reporting systems to accurately reflect owned channel performance. Surface performance measurement recommendations, opportunities and learnings on a weekly basis. Continue to adjust goals and measurement workflow based on learnings.
- Partner with consumer care team to monitor all channels for consumer support cases, routing all urgent messages to the appropriate point person, with quick and effective solutions.
- Collaborate with Senior Social Media Manager to develop socially driven campaigns that build brand awareness for Trulia.com site through owned channels.
- Coordinate and project manage social campaign initiatives.
Who you are:
- Nimble, creative, and responsive.
- Authentic with words. You say things in ways that people connect with.
- Trulia fan, obsessed with communities, neighborhoods, and people.
- Adept at tracking and reporting on metrics and surfacing recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate findings and share learnings across multiple audiences.
- Highly organized with the ability to keep track of details.
- Must be able to work both independently and cross-functionally as part of a highly collaborative, creative team.
The must haves:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, PR, English, or related field.
- 3-5 years of social media or community management experience.
- Proficient with analytics software (e.g. Excel, Tableau).
- Proficiency using a social CMS and reporting software.
- Photoshop, InDesign experience a plus.
Get to know us
At Trulia, we believe that when it comes to finding a home, what’s outside the front door is just as important as what’s behind it. That’s why we go beyond the typical listings and source insights straight from locals. We offer over 34 neighborhood map overlays to give people a deeper understanding of what living in a home and neighborhood is really like. We’re committed to helping people discover a place where they’ll love to live and where they will feel more connected to the community and to each other. It’s why we strive every day to help build a more neighborly world.
Launched in 2005, Trulia is based in San Francisco and is owned and operated by Zillow Group.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.