Social Media & Videography Internship Position
The Social Media & Videography Internship at Butterfly Pavilion is an opportunity to develop real-world skills in social media strategy, content development, and project management at a nonprofit achieving global impact in invertebrate education, research and conservation. The intern will be responsible for developing video content for social media to engage users and create a relationship between customers and Butterfly Pavilion's mission. The Intern will report directly to the organization's Marketing Coordinator and will have the opportunity to collaborate with individuals in multiple departments to achieve project goals.
What you can expect to gain from this internship:
- Experience developing and implementing social media strategy
- Refined technical skill in shooting and editing videos for Social Media and other marketing platforms
- Portfolio of various social media content and high-quality videos
- Understanding of content development for various platforms and audiences
- Increased knowledge of marketing applications and technology
- Skills in professional communication, collaboration and project management
Key Duties & Activities:
- Develop written and video content to promote exhibits, upcoming public events and programs, and other initiatives on our main social channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Working closely with the marketing department, film, edit and implement videos to meet specific project goals
- Monitor and report on social media performance and make recommendations to expand reach and engagement
- Assist in developing content as needed for promotional posters, brochures and advertisements
- Monitor Butterfly Pavilion in the news, along with current events of relevance to our work
- Other duties as assigned
- Preference given if currently pursuing/completed a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related subject
- Basic knowledge of video editing using smart phone applications and/or any of these desktop applications (iMovie, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro)
- Knowledge of video camera functions
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills and familiarity with social media platforms
- Professional, inclusive and open communicator able to work, and solve problems, independently and on a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and/or Photoshop a plus, but not required
- Ability to learn new technology, as needed
Reports to: Marketing Coordinator
Commitment: 8 10 hours/week minimum for a minimum of 4 months. Weekly schedule is flexible to accommodate class and work schedules.
Physical Demands: Work primarily involves sitting at a desk using computer for extended periods of time. May occasionally be required to walk and lift items less than 25 lbs.
Compensation: This internship is unpaid but may count for college credit with prior approval from your institution. Butterfly Pavilion must be made aware of any reporting requirements before the start of the internship.
Deadline for application: Open until filled.