SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT SUMMARY:
Under the direction and supervision of the Social Services Director, this position is responsible for implementing the social services function of the Center in accordance with residents'' needs, government regulations, and company policies so as to maintain each resident at his/her maximum potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that necessary forms, reports, and progress notes are properly completed and contain informative descriptions of the services provided and the residents'' responses to the services.
- Coordinate, as assigned, the social services programs with the residents, their families, staff members, and community agencies through interviews, consultations, and direct involvement in the programs.
- Provide information to residents and their families concerning available support agencies and financial assistance programs to meet the needs of the residents.
- Assist in developing for each resident a preliminary and comprehensive assessment and written care plan that identifies the emotional and social problems and/or needs of the resident and their goals to be accomplished for each problem and/or need to be identified.
- Encourage residents to participate in the development and review of care plans.
- Participate in assessing, reviewing, and revising care plans as required, at least quarterly.
- Develop and maintain rapport with all services to ensure that a team effort is achieved in developing a comprehensive care plan for all residents.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable government regulations and ensure compliance.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Know and comply with residents'' rights regulations.
- Ensure the residents'' emotional and social needs are met.
- Review and promptly report to the Social Services Director and maintain a written record of all resident complaints and grievances.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Practice universal precautions at all times.
- Attend and participate in department education and staff meetings.
- Attend center meetings as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year related experience in a healthcare setting.
- Completion of post-secondary education and be able to read, write and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam if required.
- Related social work experience at a level necessary to accomplish this position.