Middle School Teaching/Social Studies
Chandler Park Academy
Chandler Park Academy
The Instructional Specialist is responsible for providing an instructional program designed to assist teachers with developing skills in the preparation of effective lesson plans, preparation of content, classroom management and provide coaching on the use of effective instructional practices and strategies. This person must be prepared to teach at least two-three classes as an opportunity to demonstrate effective instructional practices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
*=Teacher also includes long-term substitutes as applicable
· Serve as a specified core academic subject specialist to assist in the development and implementation of the school’s instructional plans that align to district goals and curriculum.
· Serve as a liaison between the school and district by attending monthly curriculum team meetings.
· Work collaboratively with the curriculum team to develop, update, and implement the district’s annual educational plan.
· Participate in curriculum development, and the development of local school assessments as assigned.
· Conduct weekly PLC meetings with designated teachers*.
· Work with teachers* and administrators to analyze student data, diagnose instructional needs and identify research-based instructional strategies to close achievement gaps.
· Assist teachers* with using assessment data to plan instruction.
· Provide input regarding appropriate intervention/remediation strategies for students.
· Assist teachers* in the development and implementation of effective classroom management strategies, individual behavioral intervention plans, instructional planning, and classroom organization, as needed.
· Model instructional practices in a variety of settings and provide follow-up support to ensure effective teacher implementation.
· Work with the district’s office of curriculum to design and provide professional development focused on improving alignment and delivery of the written, taught, and assessed curriculum to increase student success and close performance gaps.
· Facilitate professional developments in coordination with the office of curriculum and instruction.
· Conduct teacher* observations and/or walk-throughs and provide feedback that facilitates teacher reflection and growth.
· Provide individual and/or group instructional coaching and mentoring to teachers* to improve classroom instruction for all learners.
· Assist with the coordination and administration of the state’s annual assessment.
· Stay abreast of national and state standards, and current trends and issues of assigned content area and best practices.
· Encourage and support the implementation of technology and innovative strategies in the classroom.
· Be prepared to teach at least two-three classes as an opportunity to demonstrate effective instructional practices.
· Serve as a member of the school’s leadership team.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Principal or designee.