- Under supervision of Licensed Clinical Social Worker Supervisor:
- Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, development of individualized plan of care and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, trauma, addictions and case management services for uninsured population.
- Uses evidence based practices and various treatment methods to include but not limited to Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Short-brief focused therapy in the provision of individual, marital, couple, psychotherapy, family and group therapy.
- Uses the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), and other diagnostic classification systems in assessment, diagnosis and other activities.
- Applies specialized knowledge and advanced practice skills in the areas of treatment planning, implementation and evaluation, case management, information and referral, supervision, consultation, education, research, advocacy, community organization, and the development, implementation and administration of policies, programs and activities.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide integrated behavioral health and primary care services
- Communicates effectively with clients, MHM staff, and participants in interdisciplinary team
- Cooperates with and contributes to the development and implementation of an interdisciplinary treatment plan
- Responsible for provision of counseling and case management services.
- Develops intervention strategies to meet client short-term and long-term treatment goals.
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of counseling and case management caseload, case flow, assessments, and crisis interventions.
- Serves as client advocate and liaison between public and private agencies.
- Acts as a liaison with school personnel, counselors and Communities in Schools as appropriate.
- Makes appropriate referrals to community agencies and conducts follow up.
- Maintains documentation of community resources.
- Analyzes program data and produces reports as requested.
- Uses data to assist in improved planning, development and effective use of resources
- Participates in activities to develop and maintain quality assurance indicators that evaluate the effectiveness of the counseling and case management programs.
- Assists in the planning, coordinating and implementing of projects and programs to include but not limited to identifying needs, researching appropriate resources, and managing caseloads.
- Implements MHM policies and procedures and recommends any needed modifications.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with individuals and families referred for counseling and case management services.
- Develops and maintains a cumulative record for each client receiving counseling and/or case management services as required by professional licensure standards and MHM policies and procedures.
- Promotes interactive communication and develops and refines linkages between MHM programs and community health care facilities, social service providers, schools, and other agencies.
- Participates in community events during business work week, weekends and evenings as needed
- Sustains productivity expectations established by supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW or MSSW), and two years’ clinical and case management required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must speak English. Spanish speaking required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners required; Licensed Clinical Social Worker by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners (LCSW) required.
Demonstrate working knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and electronic health records software. Must be able to efficiently document in electronic health record.
Must be able to drive and have access to a car; maintain valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance. Frequent in-town travel required. Periodic regional travel maybe required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to an office and residential environment having direct contact with patients and clients. Position necessitates bending, stooping, twisting, turning, walking, climbing step stools, sitting and standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and maneuver 15 pounds. Maybe required to work evenings and/or weekends