Social Worker (Hospice Services)
TheAsante Hospice Mission is to serve our community by providing qualityend-of-life care. We honor our patientsand families choices through compassionate holistic services. We are looking for Social Workers who areindependent, self motivated, committed to ongoing personal and professionalgrowth, have good communication skills, and have a passion for helping peopleand making a real difference in their daily lives.
TheSocial Workers with Hospice see patients where they live and so have a great dealof autonomy, while also working closely with a highly skilled interdisciplinaryteam. Asante Hospice has one of thehighest employee engagement and retention rates within the Asante organization,which is a reflection of the support of management, the hospice team, and thechallenging and rewarding work of end of life care.
As a Hospice Social Worker at Asante, youwill have the opportunity to:
· Supportfamilies at end of life
· Mustbe organized with good communication skills and work well as a member of aninterdisciplinary team.
· Bean innovative thinker.
· Workautonomously throughout Jackson and Josephine Counties
· Masterof Social Work required
· 2years of social work practice or student practicum is required
· BasicLife Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified by the American HeartAssociation required upon start
· Possessionof a valid Oregon Driver's License with proof of safe driving record for thepast ten years and proof of insurance required
· Preferred licensure:
o LCSW: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) by the State of Oregon
o LMSW: Licensed Master's of Social Work (LMSW) by the State of Oregon
· Skilledin crisis intervention
· Highlevel of problem solving skills
· Awarenessof and ability to access community resources
· Interpersonalcommunication skills and ability to function in a team environment withhealthcare professionals
· Abilityto recognize and respond to the human dignity of those served
· Winningattitude, adaptability, and mental toughness
Compensation & Benefits
· Comprehensivebenefits including medical, dental and vision care
· Excellentretirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
· Generouswork/life balance incentive
· Tuitionreimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asanteis a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization thatprovides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in anine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospitalin Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante ThreeRivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout theRogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties andservices are represented within an organization dedicated to providingexceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstandingopportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts yourfamily, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how youconnect.
AtAsante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we serve patientsand the community:
Excellence- Respect - Honesty - Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunityemployer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women,minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.