Social worker/Mental health counselor Allegany/ Cattaraugus county
EXPERIENCE: Varies by program
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing direct assessment and treatment of as assigned caseload of children and/or adults with psychiatric disorders, including individual, group and family modalities, in both licensed outpatient and off-site settings.
- Knows and follows Catholic Charities mission, vision and guiding principles.
- Orients new clients to treatment expectations and course of outpatient treatment at Catholic Charities.
- Completes a thorough initial assessment with each client to determine appropriateness for admission. Makes appropriate referral if client does not meet admission criteria.
- Provides financial assistance and referrals to each client, both internal and external referrals may be necessary to meet the client's needs
- Completes required electronic documentation and admits appropriate clients to the program as per policy and regulations.
- Completes initial and ongoing treatment plans within the required time frames that include the current needs, strengths, safety, and corresponding plan of care for each client.
- Develops treatment plans, individual, family or groups, based on accurate assessment
- Possesses well developed interviewing skills
- Defines problem areas, with a focused diagnosis, and demonstrates incumbent's role in treatment process
- Provides therapeutic individual/group/family therapy as prescribed in the client's course of treatment and treatment plan.
- Utilizes an effective manner and therapeutic style that demonstrates caring and empathy toward clients.
- Makes active attempts to re-engage clients who withdraw from treatment when clinically appropriate.
- Produces accurate, timely and professionally formulated progress notes concurrent with each session or interaction that reflects the client's current status, progress, and treatment plan goals.
- Completes case record self-audits on each client's chart as required.
- Promptly and actively communicates with the client's family and designated collaterals and service providers.
- Conducts home visits when clinically appropriate, as per NYSOMH and/or agency regulations.
- Observes client confidentiality laws and regulations and assures that release of information forms have been properly initiated, signed and updated as necessary.
- Completes outpatient treatment review (OTR) forms and all required paperwork to enable third party reimbursement in a prompt, professional, and efficient manner.
- Discharges clients per agency policy and procedure. Promptly completes discharge summaries and sends a copy to the appropriate referral sources as per policy and regulations.
- Actively seeks guidance, consultation, and direction from immediate supervisor and/or clinical supervisor as well as members of the treatment team.
- Comes prepared to group and individual clinical supervision sessions and utilizes them as a means to improve clinical skills and expertise.
- Participates in required staff meetings and designated training. Attends other educational training to keep skills current and maintain credentials. Keeps credential up to date.
- Consistently meets the NYSOMH standard for clinical productivity.
- Works evenings/weekends when required by immediate/clinical supervisor or department director.
- Willingly accepts other duties as assigned by the immediate/clinical supervisor or department director.
Understands and adheres to Catholic Charities of Buffalo's Care Management program policies and procedures, (including, mandatory background checks and onboarding requirements, Employee Policy & Procedures, Standards, Confidentiality, Client Rights, Transportation Policies and Procedures, Home Visit Safety, Reimbursement Procedures, Corporate Compliance Policies).
EDUCATION: Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) with license-eligible degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, psychology, psychiatric nursing or related discipline:
Specify Special Requirements: New York State license (LMSW, LCSW, LCSW-R, LMHC, LMFT, RN or LCAT).
Requires travel- must possess valid NYS driver license and agency-required level of auto insurance coverage and be able to travel in both Cattaraugus and Allegany counties.
Must have a strong working knowledge of resources available in both Cattaraugus and Allegany Counties.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of professional mental health experience preferred.