Social Worker LCSW/R - Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Conducts assessments of patient and/or family needs by coordinating input from all health professionals and formulating a documented plan assuring continuity of care for the highest risk patients.
- Provides advanced clinical social work services and care planning to patients and their families who utilize inpatient and outpatient services.
- Responsible for the assessment, planning, and implementation of the approved plan of patient care.
- Includes the patient, family, other health care professionals and/or other appropriate community agencies in formulating the plan of care.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of social work services and assuring that service are delivered in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, rules, regulations and prevailing law.
- Provides treatment as a member of the team, updates treatment plan on a regular basis.
- Establishes and maintains positive, ongoing working relationships within other community services.
- Part of the interdisciplinary treatment team to develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients, families and providers.
- Functions as a coordinator and manager of a defined health population across multiple care settings and for multiple physicians/health care providers or health plan counterparts.
- Coordinates care across the continuum (inpatient/outpatient/community) to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Works collaboratively with primary care practices to offer individualized assistance with improving and maintaining quality patient care.
- Guides development of multiple health care partnerships to achieve a positive health effect.
- Master's degree in Social Work is required.
- New York State LCSW required.
- Previous experience required in at least one of the following settings: case management, disease management, home health care, hospital or physician office setting.
- Current New York State driver's license.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-degree clinical experience required. Case Management in a medical or health care setting required.
- Prior electronic medical record (EMR) experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, setting priorities to coordinate care plan efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Effective behavioral and educational strategies, including, but not limited to, motivational interviewing, teach-back method and self-management support.