We are looking for a Social Worker - LICSW - to provide care in our newest neighborhood Adult Medicine location - Evergreen Place.
The Adult Medicine team focuses on taking care of the whole person. We treat adult primary care patients who are medically complicated and provide additional services to improve patient and community health. Our goal is to give people the support they need to feel their best every day. Adult Medicine patients develop close relationships with their providers. They also have on-site access to a licensed social worker, dietitian, psychiatrist, resource specialist (provided through the Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities of Southwest Washington), and a variety of classes and educational workshops. Patients are eligible for care at all of Vancouver Clinic’s Urgent Care locations and receive referrals to Vancouver Clinic’s specialty departments, as needed.
The primary role of the Social Worker is to provide mental health expertise within a multi-disciplinary team in a primary care setting. In addition to individual psychotherapy, the Social Worker will also provide support to patients and clinic guests who present with emotional distress or need for an external resource. The Social Worker collaborates with team to assist providers, patients, families and/or caregivers with the social and emotional issues and practical arrangements related to improving the patient’s wellness. The Social Worker serves as an integral member of the healthcare team providing assessments, coordination, care planning, information and referral to community resources. The Social Worker delivers age-appropriate social work care to a diverse socioeconomic population of patients and their caregivers in accordance with policy and procedure and state and federal regulations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must have current unrestricted license in Washington State, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW).
- Must have minimum of one (1) year of post MSW licensure experience in the use of psychosocial assessment and psychotherapeutic modalities for common mental health disorders and substance abuse disorders..
- Must be able to effectively engage patients in a therapeutic relationship.
- Must be willing to work with adults who may be at the end of life with complex medical and social needs.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, negotiation, delegation, time management, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Must have strong counseling, assessment, diagnostic, intervention, and treatment planning skills with a diverse population.
- Must have working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatment and brief behavioral interventions (ie motivational interviewing, problem-solving treatment, behavioral activation, etc.)
- Must be computer-literate and, preferably experienced in automated clinical information systems
- Must demonstrate customer-focused service skills; patient centered, positive problem-solving advocate.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently handle demanding workload involving multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate ability to function independently as a collaborative, supportive team member.
- Must demonstrate flexibility within a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide support, connection and coordination.
- Minimum of three years of social work experience, previous experience with medical social work focus preferred.
- Knowledge of chronic and acute disease and how it impacts patient and family functioning preferred.
- Expertise with short term counseling interventions preferred; EMDR experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with patients, families and caregivers in a clinical or hospital setting preferred.
- Proficiency in language in addition to English preferred; proficiency in Spanish, Russian and/or Vietnamese preferred.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.