JOB FUNCTIONS: Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the incumbent will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides direct social service and counseling to patients/families
- Assists in locating appropriate resources for post-discharge care
- Participate in multidisciplinary team to coordinate the client’s plan
- Cross train sufficiently to team member’s duties to be able to serve as back up resource
- Assesses and identifies cases for intervention
- Prioritize goals and develops a plan based on client needs
- Monitor and evaluate outcome of client’s plan
- Proactive case identification
- Demonstrate behavior supportive of team achieving department goals
- Actions demonstrate protection of patient privacy and compliance with HIPPA regulations
- Collaborate with third party payors internal case management/disease management departments as appropriatefor discharge planning needs
- Documentation: Follow all standards of documentation and document in appropriate system. All other duties assigned.
- Medical City Weatherford is a 103-bed, all private room hospital that includes a network of medical clinics serving Parker County. The dedicated and experienced medical staff represents more than 31 medical specialties. Medical City Weatherford's comprehensive healthcare services encompass inpatient and outpatient care, and medical, surgical and emergency care, to name a few. The hospital has received numerous awards and recognition, including Press Ganey Summit Award, The Joint Commission’s Top Performer in Key Quality Measures and The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.