Client is currently seeking an Analyst for a high visibility program providing training and exercise support to U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). SOF Operations & Planning Analyst/Trainer (SME IV) personnel plan, direct, and coordinate the activities required to execute the various portions of the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC). The Joint Exercise Life Cycle includes all the events and actions required to plan, execute, and evaluate major training events that prepare SOF for operations in support of the nation’s strategic initiatives. SOF Operations & Planning Analyst/Trainer (SME IV) are the senior operational experts who provide leadership to contract Special Operations and Exercise personnel as they work to plan, execute and evaluate portions of the JELC. Supported entities include, but are not limited to: USSOCOM Battle staff, Geographical Combatant Commands, Exercises, Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) and Partner Nations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Analyst/Trainer (A/T) for operational level planning and Command and Control (C2).
- Train and mentor joint and multinational battle staffs in operational level planning and Command and Control (C2), to include translation of national and theater strategic objectives into unified action and understanding the roles, relationships, interests, and equities of Geographic Combatant Commanders (GCCs), participating interagency partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in planning, designing, executing, controlling & analyzing joint SOF training & exercises.
- Provide subject matter expertise on deliberate planning, crisis action planning, and C2 in the special operations arena, in support of named operations, and Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO).
- Lead the development and presentation of SOF related senior leader and battle staff training presentations for operational level planning and C2.
- Develop observation and training plans.
- Provide analysis and preparation of after action reviews and reports, to include collecting, analyzing and reporting lessons learned.
- Mentor and train commanders and staffs of Geographic Combatant Commanders (GCCs), Joint Task Forces (JTFs), Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), Special Operations Joint Task Forces (SOJTFs), Joint Special Operations Task Forces (JSOTFs), and Special Operations Commands-Forward(SOC-FWD).
- Mentor and train assigned personnel on operational level planning and C2.
- Lead review and recommend changes to Joint Special Operations and Interagency Coordination related doctrine.
- Assist in developing scenarios, injects, and master scenario events lists (MSELs) for practical, table top, and vignette type training events and venues.
- Must also support contingency operations as required.
Multiple positions may be hired from this announcement.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Prior SOF (O5-O6/CW5).
- Minimum 18 years of operational-strategic special operations experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of recent experience serving in a command, senior enlisted advisor, or primary staff billet in a SOF (USSOCOM/TSOC), Service, Joint Staff, OSD, or 3-4 Star level Service/GCC HQs within the past 5 years.
- Excellent presentation, communication and organization skills; proven skills in formal classroom delivery.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Client will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Operational Design.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a platform instructor in a Professional Military Education/training environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with the Joint Training System (joint exercise planning management).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in joint operations and operational-strategic level SOF planning and operations.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the Adaptive Planning and Execution System (APEX) and Joint Operational Planning Process (JOPP).
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience directly interfacing with senior staff (O5/O6 and GOFO) at the TSOCs, Components, GCCs, Services, Interagency.