Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
The Application Development team (what we call AppDev for short!) is a talented team of developers that use our proprietary language and business logic to build some of the most sophisticated enterprise applications, serving over 37 million users. If you enjoy solving puzzles and have an eye for meta-data driven architecture, then App Dev might be for you!
About the Role
Like leaving footprints on the moon, the Application Development ORBIT Program empowers new grad engineers to make their mark on Workday product and enrich their professional network through their work with multiple application pillars. This year-long rotational experience will give you the technical know-how you need to build some of the most sophisticated and user-friendly applications in the galaxy. The year culminates into a full-time placement onto an App Dev team.
Give us one ORBIT - and you’ll be on your way to a stellar career.
- Intellectually curious, willing to ask questions, and ready to learn.
- Eager to participate in an ORBIT cohort and make your mark on the Workday community.
- Able to rapidly pick up new-to-you concepts and solve complex puzzles.
- Ready to build customer-facing web-based business applications that reach over 37 million end users.
- Enjoy collaborating and learning across product management, quality assurance engineers, and automation engineers.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design principles.
- Understand iterative development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of UML.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development practices.
- Currently pursuing or recently completed (within 12 months) Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science, information science, informatics, business administration, information systems or related field.
Start your future today with Generation Workday®. The next generation of talent will further fuel Workday’s success. This is why we actively seek the best and the brightest graduates to join Generation Workday®, a 12-month early career development program uniquely designed to develop our future leaders. The Generation Workday® Program is focused on supporting a successful university to career transition for emerging professionals who have graduated within the last 12 months.
Launch your career with an opportunity that connects you to a strong network, enables you to do your best work, actively supports your career and places an emphasis on fun.
Workday is proud of its diverse workforce, but does not sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visas that will require sponsorship now or in the future for these positions.