Software Application Packager
Arizona State University
IT Service Transformation
Build, test, and deploy OS images and application packages for Windows and Mac OS users throughout the ASU community. Contribute to innovation in endpoint management processes and procedures.
Depends on experience
- Build, test, and deploy OS images and application packages for Windows and Mac OS
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors in OS, software and application packages
- Configure software installations per customer requirements
- Administration of Casper Suites
- Administration of SCCM
- Tracking and reporting work effort using ITSM and project management tools
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer inquiries and requests
- Acquiring and maintaining a good understanding of troubleshooting methods and techniques
- Providing support, consultation and training to university faculty and staff
Days and Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM; may include evenings and weekends based on customer or project needs.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or related field AND two (2) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Six (6) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months experience.
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack
- Kixtart, VBScript, PowerShell and Bash script languages
- Building OS images for Windows/Mac OS
- Application packaging and installation for Windows/Mac OS using various methods
- Supporting Windows/Mac OS workstations in a multi-user environment
- Managing multiple servers based on Windows Server/Mac OS
- Providing customer service to a diverse customer base, preferably in an educational setting
- Quality assurance testing of customer-facing applications and systems
- Supporting customers and computers in an enterprise networked environment using Active Directory, Group Policies, TCP/IP, Ethernet and wireless
- Deploy Studio and Netboot Images;
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (LTSB and Current), Server 2012 R2 and Mac OS (Latest)
- Supporting a Standard User environment
- IT troubleshooting procedures including PC hardware, hardware drivers, software, and operating systems
- Managing multiple projects potentially at the same time
- Communicating effectively with both technical and nontechnical customers - written and verbal
- System Center Configuration Manager (2012 and above) and/or JAMF/Casper Endpoint Management or an equivalent solution (Example: Altiris)
Evidence of certifications and/or completed training related to SCCM, OR, comparable use in a production environment
Evidence of certifications and/or completed training related to Casper Suites, OR, comparable use in a production environment
- Use office equipment including a personal computer
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Communicate orally and in writing to perform essential functions
- Read/interpret written and oral instructions/directions
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant' under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 49715BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=3744729