We are looking for an exceptional Principal Software Architect with experience in building solutions designed for the Cloud SaaS platforms. Our team leverages fundamental building blocks like Windows Azure and SQL Azure and various Microsoft cloud services to build next generation financial services products. Our customers and consumers expect our platform to work flawlessly and be there for them to use whenever they are needed. You must have experience in and enjoy building a platform from inception to a full production system including wearing hats as needed ranging from design and development to production deployment.
Ability to provide technical leadership on a high performance development team building cloud services is critical. Experience working on financial services platform is highly beneficial.
1. As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible to mentor and set architectural direction for the products we build. Also as a senior member you will be able help hand select new team members, and you will be responsible to help grow new team members to the greatest extent possible.
2. You will contribute to delivering new and improved functionality to customers with each sprint and be responsible for ensuring that the app design and implementation is of high quality, working with less senior team members, designers, 3rd parties, and customers along the way.
3. Solve complex computing problems and architect solutions to scale.
4. Prototype and incubate solutions.
5. Build scalable, highly secure and high performance solutions with a distinguished level of quality.
6. Create a data repository to capture transactional data and apply machine learning, data analytics, and other tools to build scores, models, fraud detection, and new ways to help consumer gain access to the credit they deserve.
7. Collaborate with the team, customers, industry experts to design and implement new features and services from inception and design through development, deployment and beyond.
8. Provide technical leadership and deliver exemplary designs and code.
9. Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth.
Successful candidates must have:
1. 8+ years of relevant software design and development experience on Windows server products and/or Azure cloud-based services.
2. BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (experience and proven track record may be considered in lieu of a degree)
3. 4+ years’ experience working with customer-facing highly secure, high performance, and highly available solutions.
4. Proven experience in architecting complex projects, being able to make design tradeoffs which ensure product quality while enabling shipping on schedule
5. Proven experience designing and implementing scalable SaaS platforms.
6. Proven experience of working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product.
7. Proven experience and knowledge in Agile engineering practices (Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development required to build high quality unit tests, Automated testing)
8. Experience in setting up a continuous integration environment.
9. Outstanding technical problem solving skills.
10. Experience writing performance-critical code.
11. Solid written and verbal communications skills.
12. Excellent debugging skills required.
1. Proven experience with Azure technologies including: Cloud Services, Storage, Active Directory, Service Bus, etc.
2. Proven experience with responsive web applications using Angular JS, SignalR, or equivalent responsive web frameworks.
3. Excellent and pragmatic independent judgment, strong communication skills and the ability to approach problems from the customer’s perspective.
4. Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and often ambiguous product environment.
5. Financial Services Industry experience
6. Familiarity with machine learning, data mining, and/or data science, understanding of predictive analytics is a definite plus.