TekSynap offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
TekSynap is seeking a Software and Data Analyst to join their team in New Orleans, LA. The position will provide support for a client project to develop and implement a Business Intelligence (BI) solution for the organization. Building a data warehouse from multiple sources of data and information with systematic extraction, comparison, combination and verification of results are at the heart of the project to ensure reliable and consistent content. Creating and delivering user interfaces (UI) built on the Oracle BI platform to provide effective communication that answers stakeholder questions is the project goal.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a government background investigation and be authorized to work in the US and, have been a resident of the US for the previous 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
- Attend project meetings to define and delineate tasking requirements and undertake research to establish what data and information is required and should be included for Data Analysis
- Document all of the available data and information sources that exist and can be harnessed and utilized for the project
- Assess each data/information asset (e.g. Oracle, Access, Excel) to establish integration requirements including development of physical and logical data models where necessary
- Recommend and implement approved solutions for delivery and presentation of aggregated results through query, report, dashboard and OBIEE/UI
- Development and maintenance of client metadata and documentation of logical and physical models used by the OBIEE
- Conduct analysis of key data and information for compliance with standards and identification of invalid entries to recommend solutions that address problem areas
- Understanding and establishing new relationships between data and information to answer specific user requests through ad hoc queries and reports
Five years of technical experience in applications software development, three of which are in business systems analysis.
Has a good understanding of the business or function for which the application is designed.
Six years of experience in the development of business applications.
Proficient with Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Technology, or other applications and tools as required.
Experience in data and information analysis using Oracle platforms
Strong background in using SQL and PL/SQL to analyst and report date is required
- Proficient with Oracle, MS Access and SQLServer databases and use of query tools such as SQL Developer, SQLPlus, Toad, SQL Server Management Studio and MS Access
- Ability to develop SQL and PL/SQL code to report, combine, validate and authenticate data and information from multiple sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to establish and verify tasking and deliver approved outputs, reports and documentation
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured physical and logical data models
- Experience with ETL methods and processes for the construction of a consolidated data warehouse
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related field.
Ability to achieve and maintain a Public Trust and customer specific EOD
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: New Orleans, LA
Type of environment: Office
Noise level: Low-Medium
Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Public Trust and customer specific EOD
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.