Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Senior Software Data Engineer to work in Fidelity’s Workplace Investing Group in Durham, NC.
The Senior Software Data Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, management, and automation of data in the Azure public cloud offerings for Fidelity Workplace Investing. You will assist with the initial design, establish standard methodologies, and provide proof of concepts for Azure Cloud Service managed and unmanaged database deployments.
The Senior Software Data Engineer will operate in a hybrid cloud environment that spans multi-tenant private datacenters and public cloud. In cooperation with other internal teams, you will deliver the highest level of technical expertise and excellence in cloud management to meet the customers’ established expectations. You will work to define cloud architecture, technology requirements, policies and standards across multiple teams.
The Value You Deliver
- Seeking out opportunities to assist application teams with cloud migration issues and challenges.
- Working collaboratively with application teams to accelerate their cloud migrations.
- Growing cloud experience through pipeline development and automation
- Delivering quality technology solutions to complex business problems in an agile environment
- Collaborating with internal and external product teams to deliver a cohesive solution
- Implementing innovative and industry standard solutions
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science Engineering/ Information Technology, Information Systems or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in development, analytics, design, and software development
- 2 years building and deploying applications in a large-scale environment on one of more of the following Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, Kubernetes. Certification in any of these is a plus.
- Experience implementing distributed data processing, event driven data processing and data integration patterns (ETL, ELT).
- Designing and implementing continuous delivery database pipelines that serve the purpose of provisioning non-prod and production environments
- Experience developing tools and solutions to integrate, automate, and orchestrate cloud operational database needs demonstrating Automation, Azure/AWS Managed Data Service, Azure/AWS DevOps and ARM templates.
- Event Streaming/Kafka experience and/or Confluent (nice to have)
- Scripting languages and automate processes: Helm Charts, Yaml, JSON and Python
- Experience designing and developing CI/CD pipelines/strategies for automated application deployments, using Jenkins, Harness, UDeploy Artifactory, BitBucket and Docker Container tools.
- Experience crafting well-written customer-facing documentation
- Experience managing DevOps Security and Compliance
- Experience working in a collaborative Agile environment and delivering value incrementally.
- Passion for working across other Agile teams to solve problems, provide feedback, and gather information.
- Experience and passion for continually learning new technologies, services, and ways of implementing sophisticated business solutions.
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to develop state-of-the-art cloud solutions for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Good technical skills and proven partnership with development teams
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms for Azure/AWS, Managed Database technologies, and Kubernetes
- Experience in fast-paced agile environments; delivering iteratively
- Teamwork and ability to work autonomously
- Fixing and problem-solving abilities
- Good work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and cultivating a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our dedication to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and expansive work environment where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.