About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG’s seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Project Management to ensure the timely delivery of all project IT components based on the functional requirements delivered by Business on budget and with high quality.
- Ensures the implementation of SDLC across IT team, to complement the Business team.
- Plans and schedules product and sprint backlogs and meetings to meet project timelines.
- Ensures quality of product and accuracy of timelines by reviewing requirements and user stories for completeness.
- Track product and sprint backlogs.
- Provides status reporting from the IT team, analyzes results, and troubleshoots problem areas.
- Coordinates with SMEs in making product decisions for project implementations.
- Manages IT risks in conjunction with the Project Management (identifies IT risks, identifies required mitigation plans and follows up on implementation of plans).
- Acts as a communication channel between Business (Client requirements, constraints, risks, etc.) and the IT team to ensure that IT priorities are in line with Business priorities (Business represents the client priorities).
- Ensures quality by reviewing test comprehensiveness and results before changes are implemented in production.
- Interfaces with Infrastructure team to ensure performance and availability service levels are met.
- Escalates any issues requiring the intervention of IT higher management to Project Management.
- Exposure to multiple software development methodologies preferred (Waterfall, Agile, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Education: Bachelor’s required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management or related field.
Experience: 6+ years’ experience in IT Project management, preferably working directly with clients through a full system development lifecycle
Prefer experience working with health and human services case mgmt systems and related provider service transactions (Medicaid claims, etc.)
Certification: Project Management Certification (PMP, CSM, CAPM) desired
Office setting with flexibility for remote work to be determined
Occasional travel may be required
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.