Job Title: Software Developer - US, (Remote, Telework) JO# 17945
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT's expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at: www.cnt.com
CNT is seeking a Software Developer that will provide development for new web-editing software applications as well as maintain and upgrade existing software applications and APIs in support of numerous geospatial enterprise-level applications and services that are utilized by both internal and external users. The right candidate will be able to code, test, and debug applications or significant enhancements to existing applications and is able to work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develop specifications to resolve them. Must work well within a small team as well as independently to ensure tasks are completed within the appropriate time frame.
Cherokee Nation Technologies uses the Agile Framework with Scrum, team members will be expected to participate in daily and weekly stand-ups, retrospectives and sprint planning. Must be comfortable with changing deliverables, deadlines, and projects using a variety of different technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the development team to plan, design, develop, test, maintain and launch new features and applications.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Design and develop applications in accordance with established standards and best practices
- Partner with stakeholders at all levels of the organization on development requests to determine feasibility and devise application solutions to these business problems
- Communicate regularly and effectively with stakeholders regarding status of all projects
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar degree
- 5+ years professional experience required
- 3+ years of experience with Map Services technologies such as: Esri ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, WMS, WFS, WFST, etc
- 3+ years of experience with database management systems such as: PostGreSQL, PostGIS, Esri ArcSDE, etc.
- Experience with Microservices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Skilled in software development best practices, including performance, accessibility, responsive web design, progressive enhancement, and Test Driven Development.
- Ability to write reusable, testable, efficient and scalable code.
- Understanding of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Knowledge with Map Services technologies such as: Esri ArcGIS Server, GeoServer, WMS, WFS, WFST, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with database management systems such as: PostGreSQL, PostGIS, Esri ArcSDE, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Microservices
- Ability to write support documentation for developed applications.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Function well in a fast-paced environment.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Remote / Telework.
With $400 million in annual revenue, more than 3000 employees and nearly 1,000 federal projects for more than 60 government agencies in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 territories, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) team of companies are well positioned to deliver the expertise needed to solve the world's most pressing issues. Together, CNB's companies provide an array of services - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense - for 12 of the 15 Cabinet departments.
Why consider Cherokee Nation Businesses? The following links can help you learn more about what we do and the many great reasons to join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2019 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com
This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.