America First provides leading edge electronic products and services to its membership. The Software Developer 2 is part of a highly collaborative team creating applications & reusable microservices for the business. Working under the guidance of team leaders and senior level developers, the level 2 developer is responsible for building applications according to defined project requirements.
- Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle from project inception to production deployment.
- Writes well designed code with the focus on efficiency, maintainability, testability, and data security.
- Ensures that programming operations are performed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains systems integrity and performance.
- Assist and supports Information Systems personnel as needed.
- Analyzes business requirements and establishes the best architectural solution with the help from senior developers.
- Follows guidance from team lead and senior developers.
- Thoroughly tests applications prior to delivering to QA.
- Works closely with QA.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience developing software systems preferably in a financial environment.
- Considerable expertise with databases (Relational or NoSQL) and SQL.
- Experience with application security and OWASP vulnerability list.
- Experience with SOA/web services – REST, JSON, XML.
- Experience with version control systems: Git or Subversion.
- Experience writing, reviewing and documenting code.
- Problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills to handle multiple, complex situations effectively.
- Demonstrated communication skills, and the ability to work directly with clients/customers.
College degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.