The Software Developer 3 performs a variety of technical administration, development, and support functions for Information Services. Works with customers, vendors, consultants and other Information Services staff in performing their duties. On-call support is a requirement for any Developer position. Developers are required to provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Working as an effective team member in an Agile Scrum or Kanban team.
Providing technical expertise and mentoring to their fellow Agile team members and members of other teams.
Gather and analyze complex business requirements.
Specify and implement technical plans for complex solutions.
Combine business and technical knowledge to gain agreement and implement solutions within cross-functional teams.
Verify correctness of software using manual and automated testing strategies.
Verify performance of software using load testing and other strategies.
- Associate Degree plus 6 years of demonstrated software development experience in an enterprise environment OR;
- Bachelor's Degree plus 4 years of demonstrated software development experience in an enterprise environment OR 6 year degree plus 2 years of demonstrated software development experience in an enterprise environment OR
- 8 years demonstrated software development experience in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ Years of experience working with Visual Studio, C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET and Angular JS
- Strong SQL knowledge and ability to write or work with StoredProcedures and Functions in MS SQL environments
- Demonstrated experience working with WebServices
- Preferred exposure to working with JSON, large XML’s and Transformations
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server, SourceSafe or other source control programs including Git
- Demonstrated experience in debugging and troubleshooting legacy code base
- Previous work experience in Agile Methodologies
- Exposure to DevOPS and CI/CD preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of participating in team projects while having the ability to work independently on assignments as well
- Critical thinker and expert problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
About Providence in Oregon.
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.