Responsible for development and improvement of the MathWorks highly automated build and test system as we transition from our current SCM system to git. Continuing responsibilities include developing command-line and web-based tools that are the backbone of the automation for our continuously evolving development process. As part of the Infrastructure, Architecture and Tools team, you will work closely with teams from the Engineering, Testing I&A, and Release Engineering organizations to debug and analyze problems, collect requirements and provide solutions that span various software component and team boundaries.
- Create new tools and update existing ones that integrate our in-house CI system with git
- Design and develop a suite of client applications and web services for building and testing MathWorks software
- Responsible for working with customers and other team members to gather, assimilate, analyze, and understand user requirements and increase the efficiency of MathWorks Developers
- Synthesize complex concepts and Development working models
- Participate in cross functional teams to investigate, evolve, and propel all software development tools, including fundamental product architecture and infrastructure
- Envision, invent, and create designs
- Implement, test, document, deploy, evaluate, and enhance Development tools
- Automate and evolve processes and procedures
- Train and educate users in Development
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Experience with git
- Experience in a large software development organization working with multiple products with simultaneous parallel work on multiple releases
- Experience in an object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience in at least one modern scripting language: Perl, Python, Ruby
- Working knowledge of multiple platforms, including different flavors of UNIX and Windows.
- Have the ability and willingness to take on leadership roles
Nice to have:
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with designing, implementing, and integrating with source code management systems
- Understands automated building, configuration, and software release issues
- Experience working with large code base
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.