Description: Software Developer
The Phynd Software Developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing Phynd applications, and coordinating with the Phynd team working on various aspects of the platform. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. This person must be a critical thinker who can efficiently solve problems and work well with a diverse team.
This developer will contribute to team meetings and the overall engineering process. Must be diligent and coordinate multiple tasks within a team and understand the entire software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with Engineering Team, Implementation Managers, Implementation Support Engineers to maintain and enhance business products.
- Member of the Agile Development team composed of onshore and offshore members; participate in the Agile ceremonies: sprint planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review, and retrospective.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code based on design specifications.
- Integrate data storage solutions including relational and NoSQL databases.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and defects, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain quality, organization, and automation of the platform’s code and data.
- Develop subject matter expertise in Phynd’s products and services
Education & Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience building software applications
- BS in Computer Science preferred or a related field.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with a distributed development team
- Ability to learn and pick up new languages and frameworks quickly
- Actively seeks knowledge into new languages, design patterns or technologies
- Proficient in C# 7.0+ with Microsoft .Net 4.5+, ASP.Net MVC 4.0+ and Web API 2.0 technologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) (Preferrably for MySQL)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with RESTful API architectures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, or similar cloud service provider
- Good interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with other members in a team
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, or Mercurial.
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as Rally, Jira, TFS etc.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds