CRISP is the Health Information Exchange for Maryland, DC, and West Virginia. We are constantly pushing the edge of what is possible in exchanging and enhancing clinical data. To learn more about CRISP, please visit www.crisphealth.org
Position Title: Sr. Systems Analyst
Reports Directly To: Technical Operations Manager
Location: Columbia, MD
Hours Per Week: 40
The Systems Analyst role on the Technical Operations Team ensures that their assigned systems operate normally, acts as a tier-2 support resource, and works with customers to enroll new participants into the HIE. This position will be focused primarily on supporting the systems that deliver data to customers (hospitals/medical practices) through real time API’s. The candidate will perform documented tasks critical to maintaining system health and operational excellence. They will work with internal staff to coordinate changes and document new features related to their assigned system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform day to day operational tasks to maintain healthy system function
- Work with data sources to troubleshoot API’s and connectivity.
- Respond to support requests that are not resolved by CRISP’s tier-1 support team
- Work directly with customers to extend CRISP services into existing customers.
- Generate reports of the assigned system to track utilization of CRISP services.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal resources to ensure operational excellence
- Maintain compliance with privacy & security requirements in accordance with CRISP policy
- Train and teach members of CRISP staff when necessary
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of computer science and programming principles
- Ability to create and understand technical documentation
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership or responsibility for assigned systems and their uptime
- Provide outstanding, customer service focused assistance to all internal and external customers
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree required in computer science or information systems.
- Experience or Masters level education with Java or other programming languages
- Understanding of Healthcare Integrations via experience or education, preferred
- Healthcare IT experience preferred
- 5-7 years of experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience crafting complex SQL statements.
Salary comensurate with experience