We are recruiting for the following position for CRISP's DC operations:
Position Title: DC HIE Program Director
Reports Directly To: CRISP DC Executive Director
Location: District of Columbia
Hours Per Week: 40
The Program Director will be responsible for leading Health Information Exchange initiatives in the District of Columbia while reporting progress to health care partners, sponsors, other stakeholders in the District and CRISP leadership. The successful candidate will provide critical, day to day oversight of project management and outreach staff planning, implementing and socializing Health Information Exchange technology initiatives. Continual evaluation of the utilization of implemented technologies and course corrections according to user needs is critical to this role. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to play a major role in the HIT enabled transformation of healthcare
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initiate projects and set goals to meet CRISP DC’s and sponsor’s strategic objectives around data exchange.
- Develop and monitor budgets; approve and categorize invoices for appropriate grant billing to sponsors
- Devise utilization evaluation strategies ensuring implemented technologies are meeting important use cases
- Supervise project management staff resolving escalated issues and provide program/grant wide guidance for alignment across all workstreams
- Apply change, risk, and resource management strategies
- Ensure technologies, user communications, and use cases comply with health care data sharing standards, regulations and laws.
- Develop and implement communication strategies for internal and external initiative stakeholders.
- Liaise with executive leadership at health systems and in government, including the CRISP DC board of directors
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong program and project management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts
- Ability to manage priorities required, both individually and for a team
- Have an executive presence and manage multiple interactions with leaders from other organizations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple job duties, including personal time management and organization skills
- A desire to be great and a track record of setting and achieving goals is required
- Project management experience
- Experience working directly with technology
- Experience with program management and/or grant administration
- Basic understanding of health information exchange (HIE)
- Understanding and Experience of Public Health Concepts
Education and/or Experience
- A Master’s Degree – preferably in public health
- 4+ years of working with in healthcare arena
Salary commensurate with experience PLUS bonus