Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an elite Financial Firm to build a team of Mid and Senior Software Developers in Test. Each Senior SDET will be a part of a small team of 2-4 testers.
Under general supervision, the Developer in Test assists in ensuring the quality of software products by developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions and work on improving overall quality of the product throughout the software development life cycle.
Essential Job Functions
· Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
· Involvement in automation architecture design.
· Assists in coming up with test strategies and test plans.
· Create and execute test cases based on test strategies and test plans.
· Participate in reviews of system architecture, code and design documents.
· Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
· Assisting in identifying project risks and development of mitigation strategies.
· Execute and create load and performance tests solutions.
· Possess domain expertise in the project involved.
· Manual test execution.
· Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering and 2+ years of cumulative experience in software development and/or test automation; or equivalent training and/or work experience.
· Good understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
· Experience with programming in Java (preferred), C++, C#, or Ruby.
· Good understanding of testing process, test types and testing methodologies.
· Understanding and experience with object oriented design.
· Experience with SQL and relational database design.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with the Unix/Linux environment.
· Work is normally performed in an office environment.
· Occasional travel and extended hours may be required.
FedHill is an EO employer- M/F/Vets/Disabled