The Experian Internship Program is a unique opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience in a fast-paced, innovative company. As an Experian intern, you will work on challenging assignments with a clear understanding of your contribution to our organization, all while working with the latest technology and tools. Our program includes weekly "intern-only" events including meeting executive leaders, career development workshops, and opportunities to network with your 100+ fellow interns.
Our internship program will be running from August 20 - Jan 21. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. It will start working remotely until our office is permitted to be re-open.
To be eligible, you must be pursuing a four-year degree or a graduate degree.
What you'll be doing
- You will be working with other software developers and data scientists to develop new tools and processes for developing today's most complicated machine learning models.
- You will use both Python, Java, as well as bash shell scripting to manipulate, analyze and create sophisticated machine learning models from small to large sizes.
- You will receive regular code reviews from senior engineers and data scientists and participate in all aspects of software development cycle
Why interns are critical to our success
- Interns are critical to our early career talent strategy. We think of our internship program as an extra-long interview process. We are selective, because we know we are hiring future Experian employees!
- Many interns pick up projects that teams would normally need extra hands to complete. Interns play a critical role in closing the loop on long standing projects or starting something smaller with a big impact!
- Our business only thrives if we're constantly innovating new and better ways of doing things. We look to interns to keep us up-to-date on industry trends and new ways of working.
What you'll need to bring to the party
- Interest and enthusiasm. We are a passionate group of software engineers and data scientists and love to apply our knowledge and debate our decisions. Come willing to learn and share.
- Willingness to learn. Our team is populated with a breadth of experience in software development and analytics. Bring an open-mindedness and desire to sit and learn and contribute to our day to day.
- Bring a sense of humility and humor. None of us are perfect, but we're always willing to listen and learn.
More about you
- Computer Science majors are preferred;
- You should have a good background in developing both Python and Java code.
- An understanding of object-oriented design and use of established design patterns in order to create significant software projects.
- Understanding of the use of version control software such as git.
- Knowledge of Java reflection and JSON parsing, and good understanding of data science and analytics is a plus.