Senior Software Developer for our Information Systems department in the Jacksonville, Florida. This position will lead technical development efforts supporting a variety of Java-based technologies with a focus on Guidewire BillingCenter and Billing related Web Service integrations. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership during the development and implementation phases. This includes design and code reviews, developing code, debugging and unit testing. Technical specifications, design documents, functional designs and requirements are required. Knowledge of estimation process is required. Oversight of implementation partner responsible for production support.
- 7+ years of Information Technology is required
- 5+ years of current Java/J2EE development experience is required
- 4+ years of Guidewire BillingCenter experience preferred
- Guidewire PolicyCenter experience preferred but not required
- Proven experience in developing enterprise level projects involving cross departmental teams
- Technical leadership experience responsible for deliverables of junior developers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Property and Casualty insurance industry experience is preferred
- Education equivalent to a college degree in an information technology related or business administration related discipline, supplemented by insurance or computer-related courses/knowledge, or the equivalent in related work experience.
Senior Java Developer / Engineer