We are currently recruiting for a Software Developer to join the Benchmade Knife Company team. The primary responsibility of this person will be developing advanced applications and enhancements, system interfaces, and, has responsibility for the full software development life cycle. The Software Developer bases his/her work on a broad understanding of enterprise systems and business processes. This individual provides support for multiple applications and systems, and works on both day-to-day break-fix, as well as, assigned development projects. This role may require working independently and on a cross-functional team. This position will report to the Senior Software Developer - Lead
• Respond to day-to-day web and custom development related system failures; analyze and resolve underlying problems.
• Manage tasks and project work plans, resource requirements and schedules, and communicate project status to functional team and customers.
• Evaluate existing applications for process efficiency, system integrity, security and data quality; redesign and replace selected application sub-systems as assigned.
• Create and design solutions to improve existing business processes. This includes but not limited to process automations, ERP customization etc.
• Build and integrate software solutions with the ERP and other cross platform applications.
• Research, analyze and make recommendations to IT Management regarding application design, technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
• Create technical specifications for software projects, and document the programs, processes and solutions implemented.
• Create documentation on deliverables and technical solutions.
• Review, maintain and manage repositories for various code bases.
• Manage and work with other functional teams to deploy and configure software applications to various environments (ERP, IIS, Cloud environment etc.)
• Perform unit testing of custom software, including development of custom reports, and work with the cross-functional team and/or business to perform user acceptance testing.
• Participate in technical design meetings in defining requirements, designing and building scalable enterprise level applications.
• Provide back-up support to IT team members as needed.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related area or equivalent working experience (4+ years)
• 2+ years of software development experience in enterprise level applications (especially with OOP Design).
• Working knowledge of the application development lifecycle and development design patterns.
• Experience with the .NET and/or ASP.NET Core framework
• 2+ years’ experience in designing and developing data-driven applications with relational databases (especially SQL Server)
• Working knowledge of data security (including SSL, PCI Compliance etc.)
• Experience in designing, developing and integrating cross platform, N-Tier and distributed systems (MVC, ORMs etc.).
• Experience in API Development and web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, Web API etc.)
• Experience in IIS Management, cloud technologies and deployment of web solutions per industry recommended standards.
• Experience in software development management practices (Agile, DevOps etc.) and code repositories (Git etc.)
• Knowledge of and experience with Unit Testing frameworks.
• Experience in scripting (batch scripts, VB Script, VB Macros etc.)
• Experience with PHP and Magento is a plus but not required
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
Benchmade offer our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
• Competitive pay
• Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
• Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
• Dental including Orthodontia
• Short-Term and Long-term Disability
• Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
• 401K with company match
• Fitness Center Reimbursement
• Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account
• Outstanding employee discounts on Benchmade products and other partner companies
• Tuition reimbursement
• Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
• Employee and family events throughout the year
• Most importantly, Benchmade provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, fill out and application today by visiting our website www.benchmade.com, click on Company then Employment and complete our application process online.
Benchmade Knife Company values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
Benchmade Knife Company is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and sales of hand-held specialty folding and fixed blade cutlery for the outdoor sports, military, police, and collector markets. We are committed to innovation, performance, and the highest standards of quality. Every day, around the globe, sportsmen and professionals alike rely on Benchmade products to get the job done. Our state of the art manufacturing operations and headquarters is located in Oregon City, approximately 30 minutes from downtown Portland, OR.