Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Altec is looking for an experienced web developer to join our Scrum Team. As part of the Production Information Technology team (PIT), the developer will help build and maintain the software that is used in our manufacturing plants across the country.
- Angular, current version
- C#, .NET 4.5
- REST WebAPI
- SSDT for Database Deployments
- SQL Server
- Serve as an effective scrum team member and contribute to development of application software
- Communicate with end-users to scope new features or to troubleshoot existing features, which can include travel
- Scope, Design, and Develop software features for PIT Enterprise
- Participate in Peer Reviews
- Develop automated tests for existing and new code
- Refactor/Replace legacy systems
- Mentor other developers on SDLC best practices and standards
- Support production systems on the manufacturing floor which requires occasional work outside of regular business hours
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related technical discipline AND two years of related full-time experience
Six years of full-time equivalent work experience required
- History of developing first-class web applications
- Proficiency writing SQL queries and table design
- Experience in modern software development practices
- Continuous Integration / Deployment (CI/CD)
- Agile Development practices
- Familiarity with REST API development
- Endpoint planning / implementation
- Spec generation / verification
- Current valid driver’s license
** This position may be modified upwards based on the qualifications of the candidate **
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.