Location: Reston, VA
We are looking for exceptionally bright software developers to join our product team. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, customer focused product development team. This role requires candidates with quick learning skills, passion for innovation, a penchant for details and good communication skills, both with team members and customers. The ideal candidate would be ready to explore, experiment, and innovate in areas that are both familiar as well as in new technology areas unknown to them. Responsibilities ò Write very tight, production quality code mainly in Java using both open source and proprietary frameworks and libraries. Other technologies and platforms might be used from time to time and the candidate should be confident in quickly exploring and learning new technologies. ò Develop, configure, test, and document Production quality software on an iterative basis. ò Code review of peer developed artifacts is a part of the job. ò Help implement, test and deliver new features as well as bug fixes to existing features. ò Strict adherence to coding and style standards established within the Product team with great emphasis on reusability of artifacts. ò Participate in short burst iterative development cycles based on SCRUM/Agile methodology.
- At least 5-9 years of object oriented development experience.
- 6+ years of recent Java for server side development with working knowledge of JSF 2.2
- Working knowledge of XML and its usage within the context of Java applications is required.
- Programming knowledge of at least one RDBMS such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL or Derby is required.
- Experience in RESTful services creation and consumption is required.
- Degree in Computer Science is preferred. Related engineering or science disciplines will also be considered based on merit and past experience.
Any past experience working in product teams will be a major plus. Knowledge of MyFaces, Primefaces, designing component libraries and using open source libraries is a plus. Familiarity with front end technologies such as AJAX, AMD is a plus. Familiarity with design patterns is a plus. Any scripting language experience such as VBScript, Powershell would be an added bonus. Experience using Eclipse based IDEs.