If you are interested in the position below, please send resume to Kevin Reed at email@example.com
San Antonio, TX
6 Month Contract to Hire
Platform Software Developer create and maintain APIs for our business software applications that our members use. Done well, many may never realize or appreciate how critical these APIs are or how we've made them simpler. Faster. Safer. Yet they help make our members' lives better. It's a great challenge and responsibility.
Here, you will invent. You'll design and test. You'll take risks. You'll create new technology, but the impact you'll make on our members will be far more significant.
As a Platform Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all solutions leveraging TDD. Your responsibilities will require you to be knowledgeable in API development. You will be a part of teams of developers guiding on engineering and architecture best practices as well as demonstrate the ability to partner and engage with other engineers and architects. You will work closely with business clients and UI designers to analyze user requirements, code applications and customize and/or integrate commercial software packages for both internal employees and external member-facing applications across multiple platforms.
As a Platform Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code integrity and quality.
- With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity. With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages. Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing. Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews. Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages. May begin to identify issues that impact availability
- 3+ years experience in Java
- Experience with Akamai API
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with Load Balancing (F5 experience preferred) / Application Routing
- Ability to implement container based APIs using a container frameworks OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
Platform Software Developers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committed
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178