Job ID#: 24560BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Software Developer
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer in our GA-EMS Software team located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end–user, system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross-platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the maintenance of enterprise solutions including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Plan for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Drive execution and lead a team of developers in order to release quality software products.
- Provide direction to less experienced developers.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers. May assist in the development of additional sources of revenue.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in computer science, information systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate a thorough understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Extensive C/C development with Linux operating systems is required.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle management techniques, including Agile, coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations is required.
- Cyber security analyst, knowledge in standard secure coding standards and/or cyber security engineering is a plus.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more software development area; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and, lead a team of moderately experienced professional employees on single component projects.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- US citizenship is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No