Our ORCA division is seeking a junior software developer to contribute to the design and development of a family of large-scale defense and homeland security simulation software.
Responsibilities include object-oriented simulation programming in Java, graphical user interface design and development in Windows, development and implementation of models for military systems and development of command and control logic representations. Applicants with experience in the development and implementation of Services Oriented Architectures are also sought. The successful applicant will also be responsible for software testing and documentation. A desire to solve challenging programming problems a must.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented programming in Java, including design patterns, polymorphism, data structures, and algorithms
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with the Windows development, MFC
- Experience with any of the following is also useful: Web Services, SQL Databases, XML, C++, C#, Microsoft .NET, Python, TCP/IP, COM and/or UNIX
- Services Oriented Architecture Experience
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED, successful candidates will be processed for a DoD Security Clearance
Position Location: Liberty Station, San Diego, CA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Metron takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor