Strategic Insight delivers full service solutions to the asset management sector worldwide, including investment flow data, advisor sales analysis, in-depth research, analytics, editorial content and events for investment managers, asset owners and custodians, plus Transaction Cost Measurement of over 500 million trades per month. Our clients include over 1000 of the most prominent names in the asset management industry, including 83 of the worlds 100 largest fund managers.
Strategic Insight delivers its products and services through four distinct divisions: SI Data, SI Research, SI Intelligence and SI Interactive.
Our clients work with the Strategic Insightteam because we provide both high-quality data on their business and a proven ability to help them analyze, internalize and discuss the real, strategic implications of that data.This unique combination has resulted in a business built on helping clients make informed decisions year after year that will improve their performance.
We have a smart and agile culture to help create data and internet solutions for the financial industry. Youll enjoy working with our coding team in an open workspace environment. If you enjoy solving tough problems and have a knack for new technologies, then look below and see if you have what it takes to work at Strategic Insight.
How Do We Use Our Technology?
Ingesting lots of data from a variety of sources and formats that require techniques from simple file parsing to machine learning as we structure and push it into MySQL and Redshift. With volumes of data we build sweet looking responsive web applications using Django to help the biggest financial institutes in the world make decisions.
What youll do here:
- Architect and build components and systems to power new products and features
- Work on state of the art cloud-based platforms
- Mentor other engineers as they grow in their careers
- Learn from other engineers as you grow in your career
Is This You?
- 4+ years of solid industry experience
- Willing to work anywhere in the software stack, but mostly towards the back-end
- You care for your code. Youre committed to writing testable and maintainable code.
- Think and discuss architecture, reliability, and code quality
- Familiar with Linux, REST APIs, AWS, Git and Agile Development
- Earned a CS degree or something similar
- Enjoy spending your day onsite with like minded people
- Authorized to work in U.S. for any employer
- Love what you do
This is an excellentopportunity to join avery talented team in our San Diego office.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits packages (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending accounts, company paid Life Insurance, and more)
- Paid time off
- On-site gym
This position is not eligible for work authorization/visa sponsorship.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Companys personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.