Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team!
We are a small development team focused on building a new fully-automated test framework in Java from scratch to support the enterprise-wide integration data framework. The tests can be run on any platform and in any environment. It can be run repeatedly in a continuous build environment or by a single customer to verify that their system works before going live.
Within our team, we support one another and help each other tackle their tasks as a team. We have a great work environment and a flat organization. You will work with an experienced developer that is there to provide mentorship and help you grow as a developer. We encourage and welcome team members to bring in new ideas to share with the team.
While our team is small, it is part of a much larger organization that fully integrates our Software Development/Test Engineers into a much larger team of developers and software professionals in an Agile environment. You will develop software functionality and software tests at the unit, integration, and black-box functional level to support a large-scale enterprise application. As a junior member of this team, you will work with an experienced developer while coordinating with other team members and the scrum masters to identify and prioritize tasks in our backlog of work. You will be central to making sure the software performs to specifications and customer requirements.
What describes you:
- Self-starter. You can take direction, but you do not need it
- Full-stack developer. Willing to dive in and learn something new
- The idea of learning new technology gets you motivated
- Stack Overflow is on your screen of most visited sites
- Development experience with Java or some other object-oriented programming language
- Willingness to learn
- Have worked collaboratively in teams
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or 2 years of relevant experience
Skills You Have or Want to Learn:
- Experienced with Linux, OS X, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with web services
- Secure coding practices
- Experienced with developing and testing of software applications
- Experience with Test Automation
- Experience with Automated Testing Frameworks
- Open source contributions (Please supply links)
- Cloud computing concepts
- Well versed in Jira and Confluence
- Familiar with Agile Scrum software development
Due to contractual requirements, Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.