About the role
Have you noticed that with fast changing technologies, we have been constantly changing the way we get information, buy things, and now, shop for homes? It is true for first-time and millennial home buyers as well. In May 2017, we launched RealEstate.com as a bootstrapped team to great success, targeting features and user experience around first time and millennial home buyers. As we are continuing to grow our user base, the need to innovate, implement, and scale with ongoing features and improvements grows as well.
To help develop the future of realestate.com, we are searching for a Full Stack Software Development Engineer who is driven by the consumer-centric mindset and cares about the quality of the product.
As a full stack engineer on the RealEstate.com team, you will have the opportunity to
- Develop high visibility consumer products
- Participate in new features and design of realestate.com
- Scale our website and develop for high performance
- Create and maintain core services in our microservice layer
- Write beautiful code that is readable, testable, and extensible
- Get involved in the whole application life cycle in a dynamic agile environment
- Build the first major multilingual real estate site
- Use the latest technologies including React, Node.js, Docker, Webpack/Babel, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, etc
About the team
Our RealEstate.com team is working on the next generation of real estate applications that will have a huge impact on the overall success of the Zillow Group brands. We have the industry leading technology platform and strategy with a strong startup mindset that will help us to think big and move fast. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in the future of Zillow Group on a project that will scale immediately.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- You have deep understanding in frontend technologies (JS, HTML, CSS, HTTP)
- You are proficient with server side programming languages such as node.js, Java, C#, PHP, Ruby, etc
- You have working knowledge in writing relational database SQL queries
- You have a strong desire to work with a passionate and fast moving team to ship high-quality product features
- Any experience with AWS, service-oriented stack, or other cloud services is a big plus
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.