As a Software Development Engineer in Test for Growth, you’ll work with a passionate and collaborative team tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You’ll work with the Growth team to create quality strategies and practices through the use of automated testing. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to influence architectural solutions that will enable us to achieve our goal of being the world’s most trusted communication platform.
You are someone who enjoys collaborating with developers to come up with testing strategies. You are comfortable working from the command line to test APIs or set up your containers. When necessary, you rethink your chosen quality strategies and come up with ways to make them better. You have soft skills that facilitate communication both within the team and with peers and stakeholders outside the team. Finally, you enjoy building great applications that serve users well.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our Twilio Magic principals
- Contribute to QA thought leadership in the team
- Drive our risk-based testing strategy
- Continuously contribute to the quality of our releases by injecting quality concepts in every phase of the sprint lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- Collaborate with members of your team to understand the implementation of stories
- Write detailed and high quality test cases around story implementation
- Plan and develop regression test sets
- 4 years of experience testing web-based front-end applications
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Desire and ability to drive risk-based testing and release execution (let’s face it, risk drives most all of your actions)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and conceptualize how to test features even when requirements are minimal
- Experience writing and interpreting object-oriented programming languages such as Ruby
- You have an affinity for Agile software development and have worked on an Agile team