Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – Rural Sourcing
Rural Sourcing is experiencing continued growth and we're always looking to network with talented software testers with experience in QA Automation to join our team in Oklahoma City, OK.
So who are we, you ask? We are Rural Sourcing, and we provide software and application development services to Fortune 1,000 companies across the United States as an alternative to offshore outsourcing. If you are ready to join a company with a refreshing culture and great career opportunities, Rural Sourcing could be your new home!
Why you will enjoy Mondays again:
- Collaborative, Fun, Creative Culture – because who wants to be bored at work?
- Tuition Reimbursement – “Much to learn, you still have” –Yoda, Star Wars
- Work from Home Days – sometimes it’s just nice to stay in your PJ’s
- Ongoing Training and Development – learning from others and sharing your two cents!
- Room for Growth and Progressive Career Path
- Casual Dress – jeans welcome!
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Opportunities
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance Package – because we all need that peace of mind.
- 401(k) Plan – don’t we all have that retirement dream home?
- Work from Home Days – sometimes it's just nice to stay in your PJ's
- Substantial Paid Time Off
A Day in the Life of a Rural Sourcing SDET:
This role will be responsible for developing tools that automate testing tasks, validate data, and monitor web services. The SDET will work with development teams to identify test processes that can be automated, identify potential manpower savings, increasing the breadth and reliability of test by designing automation scripts. The SDET will also work towards automating non-test related QA functions like build deployment, mastering and other processes defined in conjunction with the QA Management team to cross functionally and proactively establish an automation practice.
An SDET is a mix of developer as well as tester who has exposure to project management, interacts and understands end user software requirements, has product or domain knowledge, participates in product or software designing, knows how to code and build test automation tools.
- Design and develop automated tests in a web based environment using automation tools and scripting tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium, Visual Studio Coded UI)
- Review requirements and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation strategy and enforcement of excellent coding standards
- Develop and maintain quality automation code
- Manage multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities and deadlines
- Identify areas where automation can improve quality and increase time to delivery
- Refactor and extend test automation frameworks and suites as necessary
- Conduct test automation code reviews and evangelize test automation best practices to the entire engineering organization
- Build reusable test frameworks
- Ensure extensive automated test code coverage
- Setup testing environments for all supported platforms
- Capable of building, deploying and managing own environment (customizing when required)
Expertise a Rural Sourcing Colleague will need:
- Proficiency in at least two programming languages, including object oriented programming or scripting (Java proficiency is strongly desired)
- Strong experience with debugging and isolating defects
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source or third party technologies and tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of SDLC or Agile management practices and methodologies with emphasis on software defect removal
- Strong understanding of Web applications
- Knowledge of web-based automation using Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, Cucumber or other automation tools
- Knowledge of databases, SQL or noSQL
- Knowledge of web debugging tools
- Proficiency with source control systems such as Git or Bitbucket plus
- Prior Quality Assurance experience a plus
- Knowledge of JSon, Restful, SOAP a plus
- Performance testing experience is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Rural Sourcing is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.