Title: Software Engineer II
DOM manipulation, web markup,
Adobe, Adobe Analytics implementation, Adobe Launch, DTM,
web applications, architecture,
Google Tag Manager, Fiddler, Charles, Chrome Dev tools,
Analytics implementations, Tag management, pixel deployment, customer journeys, AB testing,
Data mapping, quality audit, Data Layer specifications, data layer implementation,
Web Services, API development, Web Analytics,
data collection, data quality, data feeds, data layer objects, data systems
Software Engineer II
Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver moderately complex functionality on a complete product or significant portion of a product it supports. This level develops simple designs to solve well-defined problems with guidance from more senior team members. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to support personnel; Makes decisions within established guidelines subject to review by supervisors; Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
* Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
* Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
* Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
* Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
* Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential functions.
Competencies and target level:
The leadership level of the job determines competencies in the client Competency Model. Resources can be found in the Talent Central Self Service Portal.
Technical Skills & Knowledge: Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment (Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
Education: Formal education or training required to perform the essential functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or registration requirements.
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
* Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience. (University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
Relevant work experiences: Type and amount of experience necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
* Previous experience in programming/software development. (1 - 3 years)
* Software development processes experience. (1 - 3 years)
* Participating in Agile Development (1 - 3 years)
* Experience working in an Agile Environment (1 - 3 years)
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Be the in-house implementation developer/subject matter expert for Adobe Analytics platform, data collection, and integrations
- Work with the analytics team to understand, analyze tagging strategy, and implement business requirements into custom Adobe Analytics deployment
- Perform implementation of tagging strategy and 3rd party tagging requests
- Analyze performance impact, dependencies and pre-requisites of tagging implementations on various web applications, regional websites, and related properties
- Collaborate with various engineering teams on implementation of analytics solution, including guidance on data layer implementation and troubleshooting, and data feeds and integrations with other systems
- Troubleshooting, testing, and validating analytics implementations and through various testing tools to ensure high analytics data quality
- Ensure consistency and use of best practices across all implementations
- Stay on top of Adobe Analytics Platform product updates, library version changes/updates, extensions, best practices and proactively follow up with required changes in our implementation
- Communicate between the technical, analytical, and business staff for implementation requests
- Manage implementation on web application with different codebases, various technologies
- Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
What Skills You Need:
- 4+ years of Adobe Analytics implementation experience using Adobe Launch or DTM on customer facing multi-national/global web applications
- Must be able to demonstrate technical capabilities within a tag management solution like Adobe Launch, DTM, or Google Tag Manager
- Experience in quality checking analytics and 3rd party tags using developer tools such as Fiddler, Charles, or Chrome Dev tools
What Skills Make You Stand Out:
- Advanced Adobe Audience Manager knowledge and architecture experience
- Experience in at least 2 Analytics implementations (Tag management, pixel deployment, customer journeys, A/B testing )
- Experience in Data mapping and quality audit strategies
- Experience in Web Services and API development
Education (or equivalent work experience):
Bachelor's degree in Web Analytics, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or related Web Analytics Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline - University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
Front-end software engineer/developer technical assessment mandatory.
VIVA USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a professional working environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. The Management, contractors, and staff of VIVA USA shall respect others without regard to race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era, recently separated veteran, Active war time or campaign badge veteran, Armed forces service medal veteran, or disabled veteran. Please contact us at for any complaints, comments and suggestions.
Please send your resumes and one of our recruiter will get in touch with you.
VIVA USA INC.
3601 Algonquin Road, Suite 425
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008