Position- Software Development Test Engineer
Location- Oak Brook, IL
Duration- Long Term Contract; potential hire
Help bring the best in class tooling and technology into our Quality Engineering team. Join us to build a solid test engineering team for Smart TV apps and a digital streaming platform. You will design, build & implement manual test solutions in the start and evolve to delivering test automation solutions for the Smart TV apps. Test execution of our Digital solutions and Streaming capabilities across our mobile products and CE device Apps on Roku, LG Tv, Samsung Tv, Vizio TV, Apple TV and more. You will be able to take pride & ownership of the quality, speed of delivery and reduced cost & redundancies. Your immediate goal will be to support the testing all of Company's CE & digital solutions.
- Design and develop Test scenarios to optimize the testing of all digital components under test that include but not limited to Smart TV apps on LG, Samsung, Roku, and Apple TV, Vizio TV and soon to expand into varied CE device. Also includes Systems integration, and Data processes for full end-to-end test coverage on the applications.
- Conduct Functional and Integration testing of the TV apps and create actionable Test results, metrics/dashboards.
- Continuously develop and implement tools & technologies in relation to these systems.
- Collaborate with the team of Quality engineers & development engineers on an ongoing basis to improve the quality of the code and align to cross systems integrations and release plans.
- Convert business and project requirements into use cases that serve as technical requirements to support test coverage. In addition explore test automation to support test execution.
- Work proactively to uncover hard to find issues/resolution, work closely with members of the cross-functional team for project success.
- Works with diversified team models, 3rd party, offshore work teams/other.
- Tested digital solutions in mobile apps iOS, Android and/or Smart TV apps.
- Built fully scalable test coverage of TV apps, conducted functional and integration tests on it and introduced test tools to support test execution Smart TV apps, iOS apps OR Android apps with digital streaming feature capabilities, extensible to varied mobile platforms and CE devices. * test automation for Smart TV apps a plus.
- Obtained BS /MS in Computer Science or equivalent qualification/experience.
- An expert in consumer electronics based device app testing, mobile app testing and streaming solutions testing.
- An experienced test engineer who has worked with CI & source control tools & used Jenkins, GitHub, Octopus, TFS/other, JIRA or other.
- Passionate about Code to test, Continuous Improvement, Innovation, New technologies.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178