Every day, the Internet enables countless opportunities in ways never before imaginable. And every day, Verisign engineers enable the full potential of the Internet through our management of the indispensable infrastructure of .com and .net. We hire engineers with an exceptional ability to execute and who are looking for a fast-paced product development environment where innovation is recognized and rewarded. Every day we solve the kind of complex problems that no one else in the world is facing. The world is counting on us and we deliver.
As a Software Engineer, you will enhance and maintain multi-tier, distributed web and mobile applications for a global customer base. You will participate and provide technical leadership in all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, testing, documentation and support. You will have the opportunity to work on complex systems and collaborate with Product Management to help build the roadmap for the product, while working with some of the most talented and motivated engineers in the industry.
· Design, implementation, testing and maintenance of multi-tier web and mobile applications
· Provide technical leadership to drive sound technical decisions for your products based on research and experimentation
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation to help deliver high quality software
· Lead and participate in engineering initiatives to improve automation coverage and monitoring capabilities for your products.
· Collaborate effectively with cross-functional organizations including system architects, project managers, software engineers, quality assurance, product managers and operations
· Communicate complex technical topics effectively to both non-technical and technical audiences.
· Minimum 8 years of software development experience with progressively complex assignments
· Minimum 5 years of software development with Java or similar languages
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Linux and/or Unix operating systems
· Experience using package managing tools such as RPM/NPM/Yarn/Bower
· Experience building scalable, available, high performance systems
· Experience with unit and integration testing using test frameworks
· Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting ability
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent team player who enjoys a collaborative team environment
· Ability to self-direct work on a wide variety of tasks with changing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or additional equivalent industry experience) is required.