Mitchell is a strategic technology partner to the Property and Casualty industry, providing software and services to insurance providers, collision repair facilities, vehicle manufactures, and pharmacies. With over 2,400 associates worldwide, our mission is to provide our clients with better business outcomes and help restore the lives of their customers after a workplace or automobile accident. Our solutions simplify and automate complex claims processes, help insurance companies evaluate and settle claims more accurately and efficiently, and support collision repairers with the tools necessary to ensure damaged vehicles are properly and safely repaired. Established more than 70 years ago, Mitchell now processes over 100 million transactions through our systems annually. As a company, we are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and work diligently to maintain our position as a trusted partner and leader within our industry.
Mitchell is embarking on an exciting new chapter in the company’s history that focuses on innovation, continued development of best in class software solutions, and building a robust portfolio of software offerings using the latest technologies. We are a team of people who are passionate about learning and seek others who share our enthusiasm.
The Mitchell Summer Engineering Internship Program offers a dynamic and fast paced agile experience packed with on and off site events that help immerse our interns into the Mitchell culture, known as the “Mitchell Way.” This 12 week program will pair you with a product team where you will partake in all the components of agile software development including PSI planning, scrum sessions, sprints, coding, as well as our Hackathons and Innovation Days.
If you dream of being a full stack engineer, come practice the SOLID principals and learn to be a true Scrum Team member!
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct research to discover new technologies and tools to help design, develop, implement and test new products.
- Work in a fast paced Agile team using unit tests, test driven development, continuous delivery, and continuous integration to rapidly test and deliver new features.
- Collaborate with product management and other delivery teams to shape new requirements and the architecture of the product.
- Build high performance and scalable applications using inversion of control / dependency injection paradigms.
- Work in a team that dedicates itself to helping you improve your technical skills and advance your career.
- Collaborate with other developers in your team who are eager to share knowledge.
- Drive a positive change in the company through application of out the box thinking.
- Be part of an environment that depends upon your unique perspective.
- Computer Science Major or related field with an expected graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- GPA 3.0+
- Working knowledge of AngularJS is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn new web components such as material UI.
- Strong desire to learn SOA principles and practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of coding principles and experience with one or more of the following: Web Services, xML/JSON, OOP, DI, Automated Testing, Design Patterns, Value Objects, RDMS, Java, or C#.
- Ability to commit 40 hours per week for 12 weeks during the summer of 2019.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Learn more about our Summer Intern Program: www.mitchell.com/internships