Mitchell & Genex have Merged
Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers.
Together, we bring two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
Mitchell is embarking on an exciting new chapter in the company’s history that focuses on innovation, continued development of best in class software solutions, and building a robust portfolio of software offerings using the latest technologies. We are a team of people who are passionate about learning and seek others who share our enthusiasm.
The Mitchell Summer Engineering Internship Program offers a dynamic and fast paced agile experience packed with on and off site events that help immerse our interns into the Mitchell culture, known as the “Mitchell Way.” This 12 week program will pair you with a product team where you will partake in all the components of agile software development including PSI planning, scrum sessions, sprints, coding, as well as our Hackathons and Innovation Days.
If you dream of being a full stack engineer, come practice the SOLID principals and learn to be a true Scrum Team member!
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct research to discover new technologies and tools to help design, develop, implement and test new products.
- Work in a fast paced Agile team using unit tests, test driven development, continuous delivery, and continuous integration to rapidly test and deliver new features.
- Collaborate with product management and other delivery teams to shape new requirements and the architecture of the product.
- Build high performance and scalable applications using inversion of control / dependency injection paradigms.
- Work in a team that dedicates itself to helping you improve your technical skills and advance your career.
- Collaborate with other developers in your team who are eager to share knowledge.
- Drive a positive change in the company through application of out the box thinking.
- Be part of an environment that depends upon your unique perspective.
- Computer Science Major or related field with an expected graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- GPA 3.0+
- Working knowledge of AngularJS is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn new web components such as material UI.
- Strong desire to learn SOA principles and practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of coding principles and experience with one or more of the following: Web Services, xML/JSON, OOP, DI, Automated Testing, Design Patterns, Value Objects, RDMS, Java, or C#.
- Ability to commit 40 hours per week for 12 weeks during the summer of 2020.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Learn more about our Summer Intern Program: www.mitchell.com/internships