Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
We are looking for a Big Data Big Data Technical Lead Manager who will work on the ingesting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. Transforming the data using Bigdata tools. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
- Ingesting huge volumes data from various platforms for Analytics needs.
- Building and Implementing ETL process developed using Big data tools such as Spark(scala/python),Hive Nifi etc.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Perform code reviews and ensure the code is production ready and follows the best practices and standards.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Leads and motivates project team members that are not direct reports, as well as providing work direction to lower-level staff members making sure they follow the best practices and standards put together.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of solutions development experience
- Extensive Experience with Spark & Scala, Python and performance tuning is a MUST
- Proficiency and extensive experience in HDFS, SQOOP Hive, Pig, Flume, Kafka etc.
- Performance tuning and problem solving skills is a must
- Proficiency and extensive experience in developing SQLs and performance tuning.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Informatica PC/BDM 10 and implemented push down processing into Hadoop platform, is a huge plus.
- Experience in building ETL pipelines using Nifi.
- Experience dealing with unstructured data formats while ingesting in to the platform and exposing for consumption purposes.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase
- Data warehousing concepts and Experience in migrating legacy warehouses into Big data platform.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as Azure is a huge plus.
- Defining data security principals and policies using Ranger and Kerberos.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108859