Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
How would you like to use your managerial skills to fight terrorism, uncover fraud and help prevent vulnerable children from being abused? We are looking for an experienced software development manager to work within the Fraud and Security Intelligence division. This is a growth initiative within SAS and one of the most exciting and challenging areas of the company to work. The position will be within the tools and architecture team in R&D. We provide the framework for SAS solutions, such as Anti-Money Laundering and Real-time Sanctions, to make the world a better place.
- Organize, develop, prioritize and assign resources to deliver high quality, testable and scalable software solutions within established timelines, while adhering to R&D best practices and processes.
- Lead development project designs and enforce technical standards to ensure solutions execute correctly across various supported environments (i.e. browsers, devices, operating systems).
- Proactively lead and solicit the involvement of other project stakeholders (e.g. managers, developers, user interface and visual designers, product managers) to ensure implementation satisfies functional requirements and is consistent with established R&D standards.
- Manage and lead project scoping and scheduling; track progress of individual tasks and alert executive management and stakeholders of concerns meeting schedules, while following established R&D standards.
- Manage product quality standards by ensuring functional, unit and performance testing is comprehensive and thorough; works closely with development and testing teams to verify test plans. Organizes, prioritizes and assigns resources to implement and resolve code changes related to enhancements, redesigns and/or bug fixes.
- Maintain accountability for the entire life cycle of the code including support for both internal and external consumers.
- Ensure the veracity of design and technical documentation to satisfy both internal and external consumers.
- Contribute to product or project direction through collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customers, and others within SAS.
- Provide technical leadership as appropriate for projects and to the team through mentoring, training and managing the activities of the team.
- Manage all aspects of the department including teamwork, performance management, feedback, professional growth through collaboration with SAS human resources, SAS education and executive leadership.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5 years of software development experience
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with popular databases - PostgreSQL, Oracle etc.
- Experience managing timelines, project scope, disparate groups, resources, and customer expectations
- Experience of multiple operating systems, including Windows and UNIX.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in employee management
- Experience in mentoring junior team members
- Ability to work with people of varied technical backgrounds
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience with cloud platforms and container technologies - Cloud Foundry, Amazon, Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure, or OpenStack
- Experience with products like Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Experience with HTML5 client development
- Experience with Java/Go service development
- Experience in performance tuning JVM and data access via SQL
- Knowledge of SAS Architecture, SAS Platform, or SAS Solutions
- Experience in the Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, or Law Enforcement Domains
- Experience in developing large, distributed software using Java and related technologies involving:
- Microservice architecture
- Spring framework
- Message-oriented middleware
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn