We are where you want to be - leading the way in the exciting and rapidly growing field of Telecommunications Engineering.
As Software Development Manager at CTDI, you will be responsible for managing a dynamic team with a focus on writing code and developing applications leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies. You will work with the development and support teams, as necessary, to ensure the technical solutions meet the business needs, and are developed and implemented with high quality following agreed upon standards. You will work closely with key stakeholders and customers for business requirements, status updates and strategic initiatives. As the leader of our development team, you will have the unique opportunity to influence and shape both strategy and delivery for our project teams.
This is a very hands on position requiring solid managerial experience, mixed with solid recent software development experience. You will need to be up to date on the most recent development technologies.
In this Software Development Manager role, you will do the following:
- This is a hands on development & management role. Responsibility will shift depending upon life cycle phase.
- Lead cross-functional teams to successful delivery of complex business initiatives.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in all aspects including development, architecture, testing and deployment.
- Collaborate with Senior Technical subject matter experts in the technical assessment of new designs and development work
- Mentor Junior staff in their development following standards and perform code reviews
- Ability to lead others toward technical accomplishment, as a collaborative project team, in order to achieve project goals.
- Provides technical support for user issues; troubleshoots problems and takes corrective action on a timely, effective basis
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced changing environment and priorities
- Motivation to take ownership of tasks and the determination to drive them to completion
We're seeking candidates with the following:
- Ability to read, architect and write code
- Development experience with Web-based projects using the Microsoft stack - ASP.NET, C#, F#
- Experience in Web services (XML, SOAP, WCF), Oracle (SQL, PL / SQL)
- Agile management experience as well as change control processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to understand others and clearly express thoughts
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, or activities
- Strong understanding of web development/performance issues and mitigation approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- 7 years of experience in software development and 3 years as a development manager