Software Development Manager
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
“At 3M, we want to make sure that everyone, from all walks of life, know they can share their opinions, they’re heard, and change is made based on their input.” – Ann Anaya, chief diversity officer at 3M”
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Software Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Promote agile methodologies across the Revenue Cycle development organization
- Provide guidance in the forming of appropriately staffed cross-functional teams so that release commitments are met on time and with high quality
- Provide direct technical supervision to assigned staff, which includes hiring, establishing and tracking goals and objectives, scrum team assignment, training, and facilitating the performance review process.
- Work closely with other managers to ensure consistency, synergy and teamwork across the organization.
- Create an atmosphere of innovation, new R&D cultures and enable professional growth
- Must be comfortable in fast paced agile environment with challenging deadlines, and be able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Responsible for mentoring team members on duties such as analysis, design, coding, debugging, automation and testing, documentation, support, maintenance, managing releases and updates
- Provide appropriate leadership to focus the team’s energy, creativity and efforts towards achieving business objectives, defining/driving quality initiatives and implementing best practices
- Provide industry related knowledge to Product Owners so they can make informed decisions related to technology and best practices
- Participate on cross-functional teams, working directly with Product Owners, Business Leaders and Application Engineers and Architects
- Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through leadership, coaching, training and development, review of progress in achieving objectives, managing employee compensation, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to address policy violations. May manage workforce vendors and contracts
- Provide and facilitate clear and concise communication with team, peers and managers including status reporting, timely raising critical issues and giving constructive feedback.
- Effectively manage and resolve intra-team and inter-team conflict.
- Willingness to be available to engage teams outside normal working hours as needed for urgent customer support issues.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and fourteen (14) years in the software industry in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree education requirement
- One (1) year supervisory experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Seven (7) years of Application development experience
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Seven (7) years experience in RDBMS (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Seven (7) years experience in Application Development (i.e. .NET, C++, Java)
- Certification in Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner role
- Healthcare data related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading a development team during the design, architecture and implementation phases
- Ability to meet timelines set in project plans and produce a high-quality product
- Ability to take individual initiative and responsibility for assignments
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new tools and technology
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
- Ability to direct and influence other
Travel: Occasional travel may be required
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Location: Murray, UT
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.