TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is developing advanced communication systems for use in various military and commercial applications.
JOB FUNCTION: This position is responsible for managing several projects ranging from$50k to $20M in size aimed at improving the performance and marketability of an overall product line and technology developments. Responsibilities include baseline, planning, execution, monitor/control, and close-out of programs, primarily related to SW development. Additionally, the scope of this position entails sprint planning, managing customer and internal review meetings, proposal development, and subcontract management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage programs within cost, schedule, and technical constraints, while meeting all contractual and deliverables commitments, ensuring execution is in line with company strategic vision
- Strong leadership ability to ensure effective execution and transparency between engineering and VP level vision
- Work cross functionally with software, hardware, product development, test, production, finance, contracts, legal, subcontracts, and business development
- Create staffing plans, exercise resource management techniques and manage competing priorities
- Employ effective risk management strategies and develop and maintain rigorous EAC management techniques, elevate key risks and issues to business area leads and executive management
- Work with the Business Unit leads to respond to RFPs, develop SOWs, and supports contract and subcontract development
- Keep the customer and internal management team informed on the program status including preparation of presentation material reporting on program status
- Ability to create and maintain a program Integrated Master Schedule
- Ability to baseline budget the program and manage to cost, conduct updated monthly estimates to complete, update the spend plan and report projected revenues and accruals to finance
- Understand Intellectual Property and Data rights applications
- Understand contract types and have ability to execute CPFF, FFP and T&M contracts
- Ability to manage distractions and seek/enforce program prioritization
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in related technical field required
- Minimum of seven years software development experience including experience with managing people and processes
- Experience with Agile SW Development methodologies (i.e. Scrum master/lead),
- managing JIRA (or as like system) tickets, enforcing requirements management and gate reviews
- Experience managing the design, integration, test, manufacture and deployment of software defined radio (SDR) communication products ranging from complete handheld radios to high speed modems to waveforms from prototy pe through production required
- Working knowledge of Program Management skills is preferred (ETC, EAC development, familiarity with contract types, understanding how to quantify risks, and resource planning)
- Familiarity with Government/DOD programs is desired
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Work in a small, dynamic group environment with rapidly changing requirem ents and limited oversight
- Interface with management and customers on schedules, meetings and risk tracking
- Advise management of individual program execution status and risks on a regular basis as well as opportunities for increased efficiency
- Anticipate potential areas for schedule delays and formulate/recommend plans for alternative actions is necessary
- Plan and execute multi-discipline, rapid development programs
- Appropriately plan programs to properly handle proprietary and sensitive information
- Demonstrate high level of common sense to know the most efficient methods to meet program goals
- Work independently, demonstrate initiative and interact with a variety of both engineering development teams as well as other directives such as contracts, finance, legal, etc.
- Demonstrate strong documentation and presentation skills and proficient with MS Office applications, including MS Project
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial acumen, and ability to perceive and convey technical information
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arm's length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance required
Many of TrellisWare's positions require a security clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.