Position: Software Development Team Lead
Company: Cutting Edge software firm working with SOCOM and SMUs
Location of Position: San Diego, CA *Willing to be any location based upon the skillset of developer..
Travel: Should be willing to travel occasionally (10% of the time), domestic and (rarely) international.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in computer sciences or equivalent
Years of Experience: 10 years or more
Salary Range: 120k-150k
Client develops Augmented Reality technologies for fast-moving cameras. Client is now building a team to provide local software development and technical support to our customers in South California. We are looking for a team leader who can build and lead the SoCal technical team, as well perform hand-on software development and support to our customers.
Job Description / Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Interview, recruit and manage a team of software development, QA and support engineers
– Responsible for development of customer-specific solutions based on company’s technology, performing integration with customers’ systems, and providing ongoing support to customers.
– Provide input on performance management and personnel decisions.
– Contribute to company’s roadmap and technical architecture, as well as budget planning and forecast activities
Qualifications / Minimum Requirements:
– At least 10 years experience developing software in C++, Java or similar computer language
– Practical experience in Embedded SW or Systems integration
– At least 5 years experience leading teams of at least 5 contributors
– Demonstrated ability to work independently, with little guidance.
– Passion for hands-on development
– Secret clearance
… and some soft skills:
– Insist on delivering the right product, at the right quality, and on time
– Addicted to the rush of shipping products at scale
– Agree that working hard, in fast-changing environment and under pressure can be Fun