JSG is seeking a Mobile Applications-Software Development Manager for a long term contract assignment. Seeking at least 10 years of iOS or Android Application experience.
NO THIRD PARTIES!
In this role, you will initiate, plan, organize and execute software development projects. Setting expectations for developers and stakeholders, you’ll lead these projects through to completion and ensure that deadlines and requirements are met.
- 8+ years working with iOS or Android Mobile Applications. 10+ years’ experience working within IT utilizing technologies such as: MS SQL, C++,C#, .NET, etc.
- Experience leading a team required.
- Ensure the Application Development area uses sound practices and processes for implementing custom developed and packaged solutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain a team organization that ensures skills and capacity for project and enhancement work while providing superior support for production applications.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in information technology, development processes and software architecture.
- Ensure business area requests for application development services are understood, prioritized and addressed.
- Allocate skilled resources for project and enhancement requests as well as day-to-day operations.
- Maintain productive management level relationships with the company’s business functions.
- Ensure production systems are performing well and operating without defects.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team(s) responsible for creating and supporting applications.
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- Combined 15 years in Software Development/Architect and Lead/Management experience.
- Strong management experience with mobile applications, Windows/MAC based applications.
- Experience with custom application software development and implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment, while ensuring production systems are up and performing well.
- Must have experience with leading multiple development teams concurrently.
- Must have hands on experience and be involved with the technical details on the project.
- Must be able to make sound technical decisions having big project impact (design, architecture, tools, platforms).
- Expert knowledge in mobile projects. Very good knowledge of Cybersecurity issues for systems (desktop, mobile, web).
- Experienced with managing project, creating schedules (MS Project) and tracking progress.